Want to sell your music on
MUSIC ON DEMAND?
All it takes is 3 easy steps:
1. Give us Your Information
2. Pay the set up fee: $35
3. Send us 5 CDs
MUSIC ON DEMAND Set up fee:
Why is there a $35 set Up Fee?
When you're an independent band, it seems like there is a fee for everything.
When we first start building Music On Demand, we quickly found that we were doing a LOT of work for every album that got posted, so we just HAD to charge something small, to pay for the work we were doing. Otherwise we couldn't afford to do it.
So, we want you to know what we do for every CD that arrives here. This is why we have to charge $35 per-album:
For EVERY CD that comes in, we...
- scan the album cover - cropping, balancing, and tweaking the colors to make it look as good as we can
- resize the albumcover into 4 different sizes for different uses on the website
- convert the audio on the CD into .WAV files - just for the songs and lengths you chose
- convert the .WAV files into MP3 files, then to lo-res MP3 files
- upload all the audio files to the server, and create linking files to them, and update the database to say which tracks have been successfully uploaded
- listen to the CD (yes we really listen to every album)
- listen to the audio clips, and fix them if they're bad
- make its web page, publish it to the site, and send you the email announcing it
- put it up on our new arrivals gallery and under each of the genre pages you chose
- file it in our warehouse, ready for shipping
It's about 40 minutes of work per CD.
PLUS: we're always looking for new ways to help YOU sell your CD and we do that for you, for no charge - FOREVER